The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

LCA bushings need part numbers also lower ball joint numbers /need help w noise

atsiauto

I have still a "kuh-pop pop" sound coming from my 115k mile galant following an evo 8 suspension swap (Had it before the swap too)
swore it was ragged out AGX's but was wrong.

although the car drives much better and the noise is somewhat diminished and seems to be only on the drivers side only now .

I have the evo 8 strut mounts (redrilled the tops on the car )

just dumped 130 on 2 new endlinks and sway bar bracket rubber still makes this noise

The sound is not apparent at all at road speed, but my asphalt driveway can set it off like a champ.

I have in the last 2k miles replaced both outer tie rod ends, added the evo suspension / strut mounts the endlinks and sway bar braket mounts/rubber and 2 front axles

about all I have left is the wheel bearings /LCA bushings and the lower ball joints .

the car is a lot better it seems , but the core sound I hear seems to be unchanged, you can really feel it in the clutch pedal when rolling slow and hitting bumps with it pushed in .

I really want this to be gone any ideas ? my black 91 never did this sh*t and had a rack of miles on it .

SouthCaliVR4

There are inner tie rods as well & how about ball joints? best way to check front end components is with the suspension loaded. if you check at full drop, I.e> jacked up wheels dangling, the added angle can hide worn components.

If you don't have access to an alignment rack with glide plates you can place the car on jackstands, remove the wheel & jack up the cont arm from under the ball joint (you may wish to remove the zerk so it will not be damaged) until the car just lifts off the stand then shake things around & look for play or binding of components.

KiNgMaRtY

Get the Energy Suspension Front Control Arm bushing set. I had Autozone price match Road Race Engineering as Autozone was closer and replace your ball joints at the same time. I would say to get some Moog's. That's what I did for 611

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts