The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Stupid Question: Brake Master Cylinder

My mast cylinder is slowly leaking break fluid out between the firewall and the master cylinder. Is there a gasket in between there that could possible be replaced and solve the problem, or am I looking at replacing the entire master cylinder?

It's an 87 Galant; thanks in advance for your responses.

The problem is the seals inside the master cylinder. Nothing you can do but rebuild or replace it.

H05TYL

the rebuild kit costs about the same as a feed at McDonalds, and the new master cylinder costs about the same as a proper restaurant.

HO5TYL.....Nice comparison. Thats pretty dead on. I just got a rebuild kit for mine last week.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned