The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Sticky door!

In my Vr4 the driver's door opens smoothly from the inside but you have to yank and yank to open it from the outside. Any ideas?

Barnes

Does the handle pull smoothly?

misterfixit

Try the operating lever inside the door. The link to the latch is a different one than the inside lever uses. You'll need to take the lever off to get at the handle proper to have a look.

Rich

Barnes

It sounds like your best best is to start disassembling the door and see if you can figure out what is wrong. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Terry Posten

I bet you will find that the rod is bent or the handle internal lever is bent. Probably from someone trying to pop the lock with a coat hanger.

Last edited:

i just went thru this problem. the arn that the handle pulls is a rectangle plastic assembly. inside that assemply is the "arm" that gets pulled by the handles assembly. the plastic rectangle that is attached to the ahndle on the inside. cracked. causing the arm to not move the same distance the handle was pulled. makning me have to tug and yank. after replacing the part from my local junkyard. they charged me 5 bucks. the handle never worked better.

misterfixit

Check and see if the broken bit is the same on the rear door. (get one that has done less work) it'll last longer.

Rich

broxma

All four of my doors are hard to open in this way. Easy from within but require a good yank from the outside. I have since just focused on the benefits of the sticky doors are now am thankful for my good grip and bulging forearms.

/brox

Brunoboy

mine are the same way, all four doors are very hard to open up from the outside.
-shane

Barnes

My passenger side door used to be very hard to open from the outside. Then I ended up tearing the door apart, cleaning and lubing everything. It is now very easy to open.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned