The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1992 galant vr4 passenger door is stuck closed?

einstein

I just bought a 1992 galant vr4 and the door is stuck closed, i go to open it and it wont open. Anyone have any tips or tricks to open it up? The door lock opens and closes but when i go to pull on it, its not releasing the door?

Kinda frustrating to say the least. Where do I start at to get it resolved.

Matt

toybreaker

iconoclast
Have you tried the inside handle?

edit

Front or rear door?

Last edited:

toybreaker

iconoclast
Well, shoot, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I had to deal with this on a rear door, but I haven;t seen the problem on a front door yet

Does it feel like there's any action down at the latch when you're pulling the release handles?

toybreaker

iconoclast
Pm sent

einstein

Still cant get the darn door unstuck. Got a slim jim to no avail. Open to other options pm me the info or suggestions.

Its like the door is still locked closed and the actuator is seized down. Tried a slim jim, and that didnt even work.

Matt

I've been watching this thread for a few days now. ALL my doors are "sticky", hard to open. And even my friends complain the doors are hard to open. I'm not sure how much force you are using but, if someone split a soda (not why my doors are sticky, but iv seen it before) and it got on the weather stripping it could cause some problems opening the door.

I have to give all my door a real good yank (no pun :p ) to get them open. More effort than i have ever had to do for any other cars i have owned.

If you have been giving it really good pull on the door, a real good pull... It may be time to source out a new door panel in the WTB section and start cutting into your current one. If you go this route and find some unusual 'stuff', please take pictures and let us know. It may serve useful for other users down the line.

Thanks

Diego

^ I agree with this post, I nearly fall flat on my back trying to get the back doors open.

einstein

Issue has been resolved, it looks like a chunk or piece from my door handle fell off and lodge between the door because it wouldnt unlock all the way so neither the key nor handles would let it open. Got a piece of wire and dislodged it and lubed all my door super good.

Thanks for all your help and input.

Matt

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts