The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

stereo install questions?

quicktsi

After securing the double din trim ring from Tom I am ready to start installing the unit. The question I have is what have people done regarding the front dash and door speakers if they are doing amplifiers? I tried searching but did not find any good information.

adamvr4

i put 4inch polk speakers in the dash and 5 1/4 component set in the front doors and 6 1/2 component set
in the rear

14u2nV

I ran all new wires to each speaker off of an amp. That way the factory stuff is all still there to convert back if desired, and it's heavier wire.

Last edited:

quicktsi

14u2nv, how did you wire up the front channel? Did you run both set of front speakers off 2 channels? Or did you split the front signal with y cables and 4 channels for just the front speakers? Or did you do components, and put the drivers in the door and tweeters in the dash?

14u2nV

I ran a wire from my amp to the door speakers, then put tweaters in the dash and spliced them off of the doors.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned