The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Alternator or engine noise on audio system

Nabeel

I am facing an issue on my stereo system. As alternator noise appears when I start the stereo. Noise is not from the stereo unit as i pass-by the unit. It seems from the 4 chanel amplifier. Just wondering if any faced similar issue on his Galant. A friend of mine experienced alternator noise at every Mitsubishi when installing an audio system. Is that true?
My stereo unit is 8th G galant unit. Rear speakers are MB Quart with tweeters. front are pioneers with tweeters. TO RCA unit are Pioneers. Radio shack RCA cables. Amplifier sit at the back near to the car battery. Amplifier is not touching the body. new speakers wires I am not using stock speaker wires. I added another smaller amplifier for the JVC sub woofer.
Any idea my help to solve this issue>>>>>..........?

toybreaker

iconoclast
Quote:
I am facing an issue on my stereo system. As alternator noise appears when I start the stereo. Noise is not from the stereo unit as i pass-by the unit. It seems from the 4 chanel amplifier. Just wondering if any faced similar issue on his Galant. A friend of mine experienced alternator noise at every Mitsubishi when installing an audio system. Is that true?
My stereo unit is 8th G galant unit. Rear speakers are MB Quart with tweeters. front are pioneers with tweeters. TO RCA unit are Pioneers. Radio shack RCA cables. Amplifier sit at the back near to the car battery. Amplifier is not touching the body. new speakers wires I am not using stock speaker wires. I added another smaller amplifier for the JVC sub woofer.
Any idea my help to solve this issue>>>>>..........?

unplug the rca's and recheck the system (blanking plugs will help narrow it down further.)

also check your grounds (remove, thoroughly clean the terminals and the sheetmetal, and re install them. do not share the ground points with any other compnents.

Nabeel

I did unplug the rca's still have the noise.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts