The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Steering Wheels? Watcha Got?

donkeylips

Just picked up a super clean 1g eclipse wheel at the junkyard today. Can't beat it, especially if you're like me and prefer a stock look.

Chicago1

Here is what comes in tommorow..

img.php

turbowop

Quoting Chicago1:
I have used the cheapy hubs from ebay and they worked fine.What do you guys think of the wheels that are on ebay like these for like 40 shipped? I know I'm cheap but most of my money goes into the vette.

Those cheap wheels are pieces of sh*t. The upper part of the wheel is flexible like a noodle. I would put a better condition stock wheel on before one of those ever gets near my cars.

slugsgomoo

What's wrong with the leather wheel from a 1g?

Other than that, don't buy a cheap wheel, they're cheap for a reason, as Mark pointed out. Quality costs!

BrandonEchols

I have an Evo 5 steering wheel I'm hoping to fit this summer.
Found this by googling, same style, but not my exact wheel:
5451098248_21951b5920_b.jpg

jogalant

Personal for me.

Momo Monte Carlo's are nice too and going for just $165 shipped on Ebay.

stealthtt24

Nice clean stock VR4 one. I'm buying another Galant in a few weeks and its coming with the 1g TEL steering wheel and up for sale it goes! I think the TEL ones look like sh*t and I love the stock VR4 steering wheels.

GVR-4

Quoting GVR-4:

This is a Momo Race. I had to have it since the PO had put in a Momo Race shift knob. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif IIRC it was about $175 on Ebay and it was from Japan. It was expensive, but it sure is sweet.

NinjaVR4

Hey if anyone happens to be looking, I am willing to trade a stock set of Nile black wheels and tires for a mono steering wheel plus some cash. Let me know!

turbowop

That's not a Champion. I have a Champion in 1051 and the top is suede. I went out and looked in 503 and realized it says "Competition", so that's what that one is.

Last edited:

turbowop

The Competition has the same leather wrap around the whole wheel and also has a bigger diameter grip. The Champion has the suede on top, a layer of perforated leather at 9 and 3 and a different, solid leather layer below those. I prefer the Champion to the Competition, although the suede has worn down since I don't wear gloves when I drive the car. It doesn't look bad, it just doesn't have that soft suede feel anymore.

Champion:

944a91dca7d2837.jpg

Last edited:

pmp285

Quoting FavNumber:
Quoting pmp285:
momo monte carlo...

Ill be in Manila this summer visiting family. Let can i take that off your hands /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

i can still get you one brand new.. more or less $100

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned