The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

NRG Steering Wheels

GeorgeBillings

Has anyone had experience with these steering wheels. I'm looking at them and they look just like the crappy $40 wheels. I've had a crappy steering wheel where the top flexed a bunch. I'm sure it'd fold over if I was ever in an accident.

click
click

blacksheep

I ran on on my track only Evo.

It was damn dcent and a year later it looked the same.

Their quick release is a freaking joke, tho. wobbly and janky jank. I would not run that thing on any car.

Can see my ugly mug in the back there...lol

110208+014.jpg

110208+010.jpg

AUTOBOTS, ROLL OUT!!!!!

110208+013.jpg

dmj

Just stay away, looks like one of those chinabay steering wheels .320 mm is too small anyways. 350-380mm looks better and you can see your guages. I brought a genuine Italian leather steering Wheel of e bay for $29.00. keep looking

Last edited:

GeorgeBillings

I'm guessing I'll just go with a Momo. They are around the 150-160 range.

click

Last edited:

curtis

I've got a pilot brand from auto zone. leather wrapped and not chap and flimsy. I'm not sure about the nrg wheels but the quick release hubs they make are nice quality. Had a friend put on in his track talon and I actually wouldn't mind having one of those

SleepinGVR4

Quoting blacksheep:

Their quick release is a freaking joke, tho. wobbly and janky jank. I would not run that thing on any car.

And Curtis says the exact opposite. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I wondered why JNZ stopped carrying them.

DR1665

I remember selling NRG wheels when I worked at Motorweb. Can't remember specifics, but the general consensus among the people I worked with was, we'd sell them, but there's no way we'd ever use them. I suspect the Momo wheel on my Galant is as old as the Galant. Still looks nearly new (though I'd never spend that kind of coin on a Momo wheel, either). I'm partial to OMP.

mitsuturbo

Quoting blacksheep:

Damn, you are one ugly mother f***er! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TylerAdamson

A buddy of mine had an NRG wheel and quick disconnect in his drift Supra. The wheel was nice, but the quick disconnect was of sub-par quality. Like stated earlier it would wobble and just didn't feel like a quality piece. I would however have no problem using one of their steering wheels.

blacksheep

^^^^ I am with the po-po here. The policeman got it right, the hub pictured above that I used is works bell fixed hub. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Works Bell is pure JDM goodness /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

blacksheep

Quoting mitsuturbo:
Quoting blacksheep:

Damn, you are one ugly mother f***er! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

aye f*** you and your hoe! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

curtis

Quoting SleepinGVR4:
Quoting blacksheep:

And Curtis says the exact opposite. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I wondered why JNZ stopped carrying them.

Maybe the one my buddy bought had a tighter tolerance than others but it really wasn't bad, And KC wasn't dogging on you.... You know when I'm doing that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

blacksheep

I know - I installed it and did not feel comfortable cornering hard or driving with it. it had a wobble from side to side. Only quick disconnect I would do is the weld in kind, but thats pretty hardcore.

RayH

You should check out the Tekniq Snap Off. The spring loaded cone shaped pins it uses pretty much eliminate any possible play due to loose tolerances.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned