The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Steering Wheels? Watcha Got?

NinjaVR4

I am looking at possibly changing out my eclipse wheel in my GVR4 and looking to get maybe a Momo or sparco wheel. What do you guys got? PICS!!!

NinjaVR4

I'm excited to see it. Also, I'm moving out to Springfield this summer for work. Something to look forward to? haha

NickDromez

i have a momo thunder. i like it, its comfy, it came with the car when i bought it, and i like the look of it alot better than stock. if u look it up the description will say "carbon fiber", its not real carbon fiber, but it still looks cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

NinjaVR4

is that this one? I like the look of it... haha I'll have to look around for one!

Quoting NinjaVR4:
I'm excited to see it. Also, I'm moving out to Springfield this summer for work. Something to look forward to? haha

Why the hell would you want to move here?

Adorsey

Sucks the seatbelt is right there but,
Got it with the car,its an awesome steering wheel

bobdole

I had this one on my old VR4. Really liked the feel of it. Wish I would have remembered what number VR4 I had /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Last edited:

boostin4door

Not a fan of the DSM or Galant 'hard'/truck' stock wheels at all...usually the first mods on my Mitsu's..

I have a GRANT 'competition/race series' suede wheel. It was not cheap for a GRANT {$250.oo shipped} Cant remember what part# or the name of it though.
And i Love it!! can actually clearly see the gauges

[I think it's made by sparco for Grant]

It's a made to 'order-only' wheel. & not sure if it's even in production any more.

interior.jpg

Last edited:

thecman02

Bobdole has the steering wheel I've been eyeballing for a long time. The MOMO Millennium is what the evo 8/9 wheels were based off of. It is a great feeling/looking wheel. One day I'll have one in mine.

Chicago1

I have used the cheapy hubs from ebay and they worked fine.What do you guys think of the wheels that are on ebay like these for like 40 shipped? I know I'm cheap but most of my money goes into the vette.

Last edited:

CSMShaun

Deep dished steering wheels feel best in these cars in my opinion. I have had a dished OMP and a flat MOMO like what is pictured above in the white VR4. The dished OMP was much better to drive with; fingers didn't hit on the stalks and I didn't feel like I was stretching to reach the wheel.

alansupra94

I got a Grant GT wheel (came with the car). I am unsure of if I should change it or not so I might just keep it at this time I suppose.

dmj

I have a President Steering wheel all leather made in Italy sometime in the 60's or 70's

NickDromez

Quoting NinjaVR4:
is that this one? I like the look of it... haha I'll have to look around for one!

yea i have that one. and the horn still works

mikus

+1 for are the cheap ones any good? I've never bought/changed a steering wheel.

dsmtalontsi95

^I had that one in the last vr4

NinjaVR4

^^^^^Anybody know what steering wheel that is?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned