The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Steering Wheel and ignition locked (Resolved)

Vr4Ape35

Just finished replacing some wires and my radiator fan and I go to start the car and the key won’t turn and the steering wheel will jiggle about an inch back and forth until it hits a solid stop on both sides. The wheel is straight not turned far to one side. I’ve tried turning the key while putting pressure on the wheel on both sides. I tried rolling the car back a few feet. Nothing I am doing is working. Am I a moron or is something broken? How the hell do I disengage this lock?

turbofonz

Move the wheel to the center of its allowable wiggle room and turn the key

Vr4Ape35

After jiggling the key in the ignition for a while and spraying a bit of lube in the keyhole it broke free. Guess I might be needing a new key and ignition at some point.

gvr4ever

Glad you got it sorted. I couldn't think of a solution for you.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned