The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Spring cleaning - GVR4 style.

Terry Posten

Quoting Blown1:
Idk Terry those seats look pretty good to me. If you are not happy with them you could always give them another round. You will find also that the seats will soften even more after a few days or so....

They are clean, just the rear did not get as soft was I was hoping. But, I was not able to apply any heat for the two days.

In a month or two I will remove the rear seats agina and redo the process when we are having 90+ temp days and I can leave them in the sun.

Terry Posten

Sorry, I will try not to tempt you any further. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Just got home and UPS delivered the package that Shep recommended and I can now service my EVO III tranny. Picked up an extra quart of HD Shockproof, from a friend that got out of the game last year, to top off the t-case.

Hopefully by the end of the night, she will be back on the ground fully serviced and ready for the rest of the year.

Terry Posten

Yep, all the various fluids are drained and filled, new drive shaft installed and all systems check OK. She is on all fours again.

Hagerty insurance is scheduled to start April 1st.

Quoting blacksheep:
So, leatherique steps are:

1) Clean seat debris
2) apply the oil with brush and rub in with hand
3) Bag it for 24-48 hrs
4) Use the pristine clean to wipe off oil

That sum it up. I have a set of seats I want to try this on...Thanks!

You also need a bucket of warm water and a least 2 microfiber towel....

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry Posten

Yes, to get all the oil off, I cleaned it with the cleaner, then hot water, then cleaner again, then hot water. I used new towels for each seat and used a clean dry towel to buff them afterwards.

I will do it again to the back seats sometime this summerwhen it is HOT outside. I will remove them, oil them up and bag them, then put them in the back of my Outlander in the hot sun for two days. I bet that will help a bunch.

Terry Posten

First drive and it is in cold weather. I missed removing the sunroof/cabin light assembly and it is the only thing making noise except the rear trunk pass through lid/cover.

So far, awesome outcome.

A simple 15 minute fix.

After 4 months of NA SUV driving, there is nothing like 20 psi. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

cheekychimp

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif Very nice! Extremely well executed!

I'll be doing the carpet in my daily when my Evo interior goes in eventually. I may take the opportunity that that job provides to go to work on my trim and reduce the rattles. I seem to have a few things making noises in the doors and the trunk.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned