Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.
Drive shaft is rebiult. For now, the bearings are stock. I think I have found a local machine shop that can balance test it so I am going to drop it off next week and see if they can actually do a 3 piece unit.
Got the leather cleaning stuff today but will be busy the next few days os it will wait until next week.
Took some before pics of the carpet today, will post up some clean pics and then some after dye pics. Hopefully it comes out good.
Got to get a fresh gallon of Mobile One, and a quart of Diaqueen. I still have plenty of heavy duty shockproof to replace the t-case loss from pulling the output shaft.
This spring cleaning crap is getting pricey. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Here are some before pictures of the carpet before dyeing it black.
I used 5 bottles of RIT black (all Walmart had) and bought a new 35 gallon trash can for $8.00 at Menards. Filled it will the hottest water my hot water heater pumped out. Mixed all 5 bottles and folded up the carpet and plunged it into the water. I went out every 15 minutes and moved the carpet up and down to remix. As you can see, I used a tub filled with a big spool of wire to keep the carpet fully submerged.
Now for some 75% dry after shots. After removal from the can, I hosed it off until the water ran clear. Total soak time was 2.5 hours.
OK guys and gals. Getting down to the short strokes with the interior. Don't know if I can do too much more to a 20 year old without replacing with new. I still want to spend some more time on the glue residue on the passenger side dash that has been there since before I bought it but for now, I will turn my focus to installing the drive shaft and doing the fluid changes and then off to the painter for the final touch-up and showroom finish.
The Leatherque stuff really did not do as much as I hoped. My seats really weren't that bad and black leather does not show dirt like a lighter color however, the rags did get very dirty and the water was nasty and I got new water after each seat part.
Here is a couple of pics from 2008 directly from my "members rides" post (will have to swap these out soon) and now from today. Click on them to blow them up to see the full effect. The camera really has a hard time really showing how well this came out.
OK, now for the rest of the pics. Some with flash, some without.
Idk Terry those seats look pretty good to me. If you are not happy with them you could always give them another round. You will find also that the seats will soften even more after a few days or so....