The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Sophia White W09 or WA9

jnava

Staff member
I've been doing some digging and I'm confused on what I thought my car exterior color was summit white. Even the 91 color code brochure shows sophia white. A nudge in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

rdomeck

I'll post up the color codes from my PPG computer later today!

Also I think there is a big thread on this if you do a search! +color +codes

jnava

Staff member
I used to spray with Binks but it was a chemical coatings at the time with a 2.5 gallon tank. Plus they are expensive as hell, has anyone tried a good alternative hvlp gravity fed guns that doesn't kill your wallet?

rdomeck

I use Sata guns. They are expensive, but the work really well. The ones you pick up from Lowes or Harbour Freight are copies of the Sata's. If you are spraying your whole car I would by a used Sata on Ebay and sell it when you are done. The price you pay for paint materials makes it worth buying a good gun. If you have to respray you end up spending more money in materials than what a new Sata cost!

jnava

Staff member
That's been the overall point. Paint it using the right gun plus prepping is a major process that decides whether you will do it again. Sata and Iwata came up too. This is going to be fun.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
1989-92 Colts/Mirages use W09 and it is Sophia White.
You got my attention on this one.

Searched using +paint +codes and found the W09 listing for Sophia White.

Last edited:

rdomeck

I'll try and remember to check the computer in the morning when I get in and see what it offers.

gvr4_kid

The sophia white paint were used for jdm/eudm released vr4. And usdm vr4's were painted summit white.

Last edited:

rdomeck

My computer didn't show anything for WA9......It did call W09 Sophia white and Summit White. It did also list it as a good code from 1988 on.

I can't seem to be able to attach the PDF that I scanned of the label. I could probably email it to you if you want?

jnava

Staff member
There is conflicting information....that's why this thread was made. I found sites that sell summit white with w09 code so I might go that route..

jnava

Staff member
Send it...I would appreciate it.

rdomeck

Alright, I did a screen capture and was able to upload that.....

jnava

Staff member
So its the same..... both Sophia white and summit white share the same code. I knew something was up and thank you sir. I'm already trying to track down a sata 2000.

misterfixit

Belize green and Hannover green are the same thing too. Both G31

Rich

raptorWagon

Quoting jnava:
So its the same..... both Sophia white and summit white share the same code. I knew something was up and thank you sir. I'm already trying to track down a sata 2000.

You will find that in most places you look for the paint as well, there can be several names for the paint and as long as they share the same paint code you are good.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned