The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

So I entered 1051 in a street car competition

turbowop

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Nobody really calls me that. A couple buddies give me sh*t for it though... HAY GAIS, I have a snowflake tattoo on my stomach/chest, a couple of armbands and a back piece. All done when I was stupid and 18. I walked around the beaches in Hawaii without a care in the world and it's never kept me from getting laid. I also own, drive, and spend stupid amounts of money on a 22 year old 4-door Mitsubishi. I'm a bit quirky. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

citymunky

Nice Mark III Surpa, what a weak ass interview --->http://vimeo.com/70634419#

unistylef

Quote:
Nice Mark III Surpa, what a weak ass interview --->http://vimeo.com/70634419#

Yea I agree nice car... That guy kept looking away and played on his phone during the interview. I didn't really see any enthusiasm.

jnava

Staff member
He was using his phone to get his info. The interviewer is the one who said that is how he got the references. He also made a reference to bench racing. 2:36 in the video.

ApexHunter

Clean looking MKIII. I really like those... Not too confident in that one though. If it holds together, i can't see it doing well in the autocross for sure. That's a good amount of turbo, on e85, routed through a R154. I'm far from a supra/toyota expert, but isn't that trans pretty sketch at those power levels? That thing's gotta be making what, 700 rwhp, at least? A buddy of mine had a 2jz mkIII, 71mm turbo w/ that trans and a stock diff, and i remember him always driving it like a puss because he was afraid the driveline was going to grenade.

turbowop

Did some cleaning today underneath the car since they're gonna have it up on a lift to check build quality right before the "show". Simple Green works well underneath and in the wheelwells. Also cleaned the backside of the wheels.

Next weekend is the event! All competitors are now on importmeet's website.

After that, I sprayed a little bit of black in the wheelwells as a final touch. Looks nice and clean under there. Or buttery fresh as G likes to say about PNW cars. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Last edited:

GVR47111K

I love seeing 1051 JSB.

curtis

Go charge the go pro /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif, I've found all cell phone chargers bring the batteries back way faster than an ipad or usb on the tower does.

jnava

Staff member
Can't wait to see this sh*t....Mark, I'm glad you are representing the Gvr4 community.

citymunky

I think you are crazy for laying your BBS's face down on the driveway.

the_underdog

Good luck to you Mark! The car looks fantastic and the video was excellent!

citymunky

Quoting turbowop:
The wheels don't touch because I use tires that aren't stretched. No worries... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Good point.

Gizmovr4

Quoting turbowop:
Did some cleaning today underneath the car since they're gonna have it up on a lift to check build quality right before the "show". Simple Green works well underneath and in the wheelwells. Also cleaned the backside of the wheels.

Next weekend is the event!

After that, I sprayed a little bit of black in the wheelwells as a final touch. Looks nice and clean under there. Or buttery fresh as G likes to say about PNW cars. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I love how 1051 looks - always have! Just wodering is this a car show or a performance competition? If its a performance competition, I dont think painting the wheel wells and cleaning the inside of the rims is going to matter much /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I would figure the week before the competition we would see 1051 practicing launches, doing some autox ? Those are the pictures I was expecting and looking forward to seeing!! Perhaps a conversion to E85 for some more power /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

How are the clean wheels and wheel wells going to help us (VR4 owners) beat up on the competition? I have high hopes for this car to do well - it is representative of our group.

1051 is beautiful we can all agree on this! - but I want to see it win some of the performance aspects of the competition ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Last edited:

turbowop

It's both a car show and a performance comp. The car will be judged on cleanliness, build quality, etc as well as performance. There is a whole slew of things the car will be judged on.

I can't really practice the dyno and the car is tuned as best as I know how. No time for practicing launches as the track is only open every other week or so and not falling within my time off work. No local autocrosses either, so I'm stuck with the skills I have I guess. I entered the car in spring as a pump gas/ meth injection car. Fuel change isn't allowed once cars are selected for the comp.

So I figured I'd clean it up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Cant hurt!

turbophein

I'm more of a lurker, but i've seen your name on the forums since i signed up years ago, always giving advise, thanks for all that, and good luck at the competition! car looks sweet!

i feel awd cars definitely have the upper hand in this event.

if you need any type of decal for the competition hit me up. i have been wanting to make replica badge decals for a while now. i print full color no plotting or layering. "no charge" i'm in for some galantvr4.org decals on the car! my vinyl will peel right off no residue.

Last edited:

turbowop

Thanks!

For what it's worth, I want everybody to know that I'm just a normal guy with a car hobby. If I don't do well, I don't want anybody to be disappointed. Some guys on here seem to live only for their car and for the scene (Mike works two jobs, seems to spend every dollar he makes on his car, and makes going to the shootout his number one priority for the year), and other guys are able to spend time constantly going to the track, some can tune the same turbo I have to make more power than I can, others run a full season of autocross, etc. I'm 37 and have a full time career (with crazy overtime required right now), a house, a wife, family, other hobbies, pets, etc. I barely have enough time anymore to wrench on the Mitsu, so a weekend full of having fun with the car is all I wanted out of this. And I think that just the fact that a GVR4 was chosen for the competition is pretty good for the community, regardless of how I do.

I truly appreciate all the kind words about my car over the years, and I really hope I can do well and make you guys proud. But if I fail, please don't hate me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned