The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

So I entered 1051 in a street car competition

EMX5636

Looks like some HP cars are getting in. I dig the S40 Volvo too cause it's a weird build and I like that. Are you a definite spot Mark? Or just waiting to see if you made top 10?

ApexHunter

Awesome supra. My favorite color and the SE37K's look great and you don't see those too often, much less on a Supra. I like the overall build too- seems pretty balanced. The variable engine management sounds neat, i wonder just how flexible it is.

The current list of contenders is about what you'd expect so far. The obligatory Supra, Subaru, R35....kind of run of the mill except for the R34. The GVR4 will be a good twist. No one will see it coming, and it's a real good one too.

LIV4PSI

Where did you guys see a Volvo or R35? That R34 I'm sure is going to be the favorite to win. That is one hell of a machine. The only reason that WRX made it in was because it was owned by a girl. It doesn't sound impressive to me at all, and I'm a Suby guy.

I'm glad you're competing Wop. I'm sure you're going to turn some heads and break some hearts

turbowop

Quoting EMX5636:
Looks like some HP cars are getting in. I dig the S40 Volvo too cause it's a weird build and I like that. Are you a definite spot Mark? Or just waiting to see if you made top 10?

I'm for sure one of the top 10. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

They have a lot of "potential" competitors on the website. The only confirmed ones are the R34, Supra, and Suby wagon...and me. But nobody else knows about my car until my video is released.

boostedinaz

Quoting 4orced4door:
More competition:

Chick in a hellaflush WRX.

click

Oops. If the specs on her cage are correct it's not gonna be NASA legal unless it's cut out and redone. The main hope is correct size and thickness but the rest of the cage is to small. Bummer.

transparentdsm

that wasnt there when i wrote my post, if you look at the site there is also a yellow rx7 and a white r33 i think, also a civic, but no videos nor are they on the competition list like the supra wrx and r34

KT

Wopper,

Why don't you get a sponsor to foot the bill on the E85 swap, entry fee and some new rubber to get their name out there?

Pina?

turbowop

Quoting KT:
Wopper,

Why don't you get a sponsor to foot the bill on the E85 swap, entry fee and some new rubber to get their name out there?

Pina?

I don't think Andre is in business anymore last I heard. Besides, I'd rather do this on my own. Street cars don't have sponsors, yanno?

belize1334

Guy with the blue GTR seems like an idiot. "We blew up the engine on the dyno, had a new one sent in and now it's ridiculously better than ever."

BpuVR4

Quoting turbowop:
Street cars don't have sponsors

profound

JNR

This reminds me of the real street eliminator they used to have on Car Craft magazine...even 20 years ago they have some crazy cars so can't imagine what sort of performance some of them may or may not pull off these days. Doesn't matter though, as just being in something like this will be half the fun and congrats on being selected. Be nice to get the VR-4 out there.

My friend's boss was in the RSE back in the early 90's with his reasonably modified Syclone (he also had a modified GN and iirc a GNX too) and was telling us how cool that was. He ended up being in the magazine and even though he didn't win, it was neat he was selected.

I always wanted to do the RSE, but couldn't imagine what sort of car you'd have to bring now to something like that.

Anyhow, good luck and like to see how this turns out.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Can't wait to see the Yeti come running out of the woods from behind the car, and stop right in front of the camera.
Start sniffing at the camera like it's some sort of food and then proceed to introduce the swanky VR4 behind it.

Yay, in for the beard shot! Shaved or not shaved!

Getting pysched or what? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Five bucks if you dressed like a Mennonite.

Last edited:

KT

Quoting BpuVR4:
Quoting turbowop:
Street cars don't have sponsors

profound

Sure they do, you just don't put your name in huge flashy vinyl on the side.

unistylef

Wow, really looking forward to some video footage. It will really inspire us new GVR4 owners, what potential the GVR4s possess.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts