The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

So I entered 1051 in a street car competition

boostedinaz

Good luck Mark I'm sure you'll do well. Also I like your mind set of leaving everything as is with the car so there are no issues.

As for fees that's how it goes guys. The time and energy to put on an event like this isn't free. In fact I bet it cost well over the 2250.00 they are getting from the entry price. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

turbowop

Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

About all I plan to do is install the JNZ short shifter and new shifter base and cable bushings that are sitting on my bench. And an oil change and bleed/flush the brakes. And dust off the paint. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

jogalant

Quoting boostedinaz:

As for fees that's how it goes guys. The time and energy to put on an event like this isn't free. In fact I bet it cost well over the 2250.00 they are getting from the entry price. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

If that's the case then this promises to be another small-time Sunday afternoon event. Something tells me it ain't.

Trust me, the sponsors are going to milk this event for all it's worth unless they're marketing midgets, which I highly doubt. And in this day and age of social media as a powerful tool, I suspect that by the time August rolls around the atmosphere will be circus-like, which is just the way the sponsors want it. And with that come the tangible and intangible benefits worth tens of thousands of dollars these sponsors will reap before, during and well after the event. These guys have figured out the cost/benefit. The publicity, brand awareness and goodwill alone is huge.

So the fact that they're sticking a $225 tab to their geese that will be laying the golden eggs is beyond me. It's almost insulting like someone else posted here. Either these guys have no idea or experience in event marketing and are hedging their bets or are just plain pure car buffs that don't really need all the hoopla and just want this to be a "club" thing.

PreskitVR4

That was the ultimate street car challenge put on by sport compact... yes 925 sent smoldering chunks of engine block onto the track.
Quoting 5OF2k:
Quoting mikus:
VR4s need redemption after that one what, 6-7 years ago that puked its guts during a magazine shootout

Say what? what article was that?

JamesFoster

I'm glad you're doing it. Even if it costs a little money, it'll be a lot of fun and you get to put your car through the paces. That's why we build these things right? Gotta see what they're capable of.

4orced4door

This is awesome Mark! I think it's a win/win. Either the car holds together and you kick some ass, or you break something and end up putting the car under the knife for some new goodies. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

turbowop

Has anybody ever autocrossed with a welded center diff? I'm curious as to how that will affect the cars handling. I've only autocrossed the car with an open/vcu center diff.

prove_it

Hopefully since the event has higher power cars the auto-x will be a faster track with wider turns. I'm sure if you get into a low speed technical section such as a Chicago box, I would think you'll have some difficulty.

curtis

Go to win Sir.... not for the experience.

Oh and we need in car video's of the action. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GSX_TC

Damm I didn't know he had a welded diff, yeah that's gonna really hurt you in the Auto-X for sure man.

turbowop

I'll mount a Gopro on the harness bar just for you, Curtis.

Yeah I didn't even think about the welded diff as a hindrance since I haven't autocrossed in so long. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noes.gif

GSX_TC

Just try to control it and don't let it control you and you should be alright. Those tires are in for a good ass whoopin though haha

prove_it

That's for sure. Hope he wins and gets a new set. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DynastyLCD

Quoting GSX_TC:
Damm I didn't know he had a welded diff, yeah that's gonna really hurt you in the Auto-X for sure man.

i wouldn't be so sure, unless you're taking hairpin corners that you have to just about stop for, and cut end to end on the rack, i don't think it'll be a problem. i don't feel like i have any real issues with the welded diff besides turning into parking spaces at low speeds, no real negative effects as far as handling is concerned.

transparentdsm

yeah i never had an issue with it, i actually prefer. i feel like i have more control. you have to use a heavier hand, but if you've done it for a while you dont even notice it. i daily drove a laser rs awd with a welded diff and no power steering with a power steering rack for over a year and after about a month i could parallel park with one hand. and again i felt like i had more control over it even without the power steering, the heavier everything feels the more control i feel like i have.

turbowop

Parallel park? You crazy. I don't mind driving around town with my center diff welded, but you won't catch me trying to snake a tight spot on the side of the road. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif I hate backing up while turning and getting that clanky sound from the rear axles.

curtis

If you have super tight corners just turn left to go right flick it right and go full boost. Nothing better than drifting an awd in a corner. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned