The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

So I cut up my front bumper...

... and built a tunnel or scoop or whatever you want to call it to direct maximum airflow into my intercooler. I know some of you will hate it right away, some of you will like it. But I can't seem to get any pics to load, so would somebody be willing to let me email the pics to them and then upload them? They are crappy phone pics, but that's all I've got.

2of9

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

i would like to see it?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

SmoothCustomer

Can you just upload them to photobucket? Either way I will pm you my email and you can send them to me and I will upload them because I'm curious.

Thanks smooth, I'm not smart enough to do photobucket either, and I'm not techno savvy, I don't even have a computer, just a blackberry.

Yeah it is a little too flashy for me too. I'm going to go back and paint the diamond plate black. It looked way better in my head.

turbowop

Oh wow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Is there some reason you didn't think the intercooler was getting enough airflow before fabricating that hideous contraption? Damn dude.

Last edited:

SmoothCustomer

Eh it will look better black. You don't like it? You should see what the s12 guys do. Well I looked for you, and I couldn't find the picture I was looking for, but imagine this only it's cut all the way to the bottom of the bumper.
FLYBRI.jpg

Quoting turbowop:
Oh wow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Is there some reason you didn't think the intercooler was getting enough airflow before fabricating that hideous contraption? Damn dude.

I knew some would hate it right away. But to answer the question, I had estimated that only 40-50% of the core received direct airflow with the uncut bumper. Was that enough or not? That is a good question.

JNR

I'd think the idea can be salvaged, but would agree at this point doesn't look, er right /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Maybe if you added something to blend the opening to the bumper, and cleanly done may look alright. Lots of options...but yeah, I'd change it how it is.

marvinmadman

I was thinking something like what the Stealth RT TT's have for the radiator... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited:

turbowop

I just think that if you made some passes at the local drag strip, you wouldn't actually see any performance increase with this modification. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

IncorpoRatedX

absolutely disgusting.

onesickcrx

I can see that helping keep the air directed at the core. I do think if you were to have it work more like a air scoop with a wider opening area then the core then tapper it into the core it would have much better results /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

That's a possibility, yes, but I don't have that pretty blue box in the trunk like you do Mark, and NHRA won't let me make a pass. We'll never know. I know it doesn't appeal to you but you're a special case, Agent 1051. Just because you didn't box your intercooler doesn't that you didn't effectively do the exact same thing on your car. Which btw, is sick.

Quoting Alpha Male:
absolutely disgusting.

Damn, slap a guy in face while you're at it.

IncorpoRatedX

Annoyed at the 'all out' mentality that brings about something like that to fruition. You're looking for "maximum performance" out of the intercooler, are you typical DSM kid running around on an untuned, pig rich set up? boost knob cranked up, BOV vented to atmosphere? Your car obviously isnt a pure drag car, you do NOT need 100% efficiency out of all the minor components, unless you're running a massive turbo, that intercooler is over sized anyhow.

Some people are completely unrealistic and it just blows my mind.

details on your set up so i can put my foot in my mouth or point and laugh at you, please.

IncorpoRatedX

unless you've changed your mods and didnt update your profile. you're on a 16g, and if that's the case, you're a complete moron.

But, it's your car and you have the right to make it look as stupid as humanly possible. Good job at pushing these cars closer to the typical hack job DSM kids crowd.

Well since your mind is made up about me it won't really do any good to try and defend myself. Its alright alpha, mister member since 03 and 3600 posts, you're way smarter than me and I'm just an idiot. I'm so sorry for doing what I want to my car and not trying to copy every other nice GVR4 out there. Besides, what is currently on the car has nothing to do with what is patiently waiting to go on. And for the record, my BOV is recirculated.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned