The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

So I entered 1051 in a street car competition

turbowop

First video is up. It shows the drag racing portion of the event, though the only passes shown with my car are garbage, IMO. My decent passes were in the dark at night, so that's understandable. But even my decent passes weren't that great with me only ending up with a 12.ohhhhhh. Oh well, the car traps 119 in the video, so not horrible. It trapped 121 the next couple of passes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

click

IncorpoRatedX

nice!

man that RX7 was hookin and bookin

turbowop

That RX7 was fast. His car put down about 20whp less than my car, but it weighs so much less. Power to weight pwns me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

turbowop

Dyno video is out. The numbers posted in the vid are a bit weird. They post peak horsepower, then below it they post the length of the powerband in rpm. So It looks like I made 424whp @ 1900rpm. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif I'm not even sure the whole powerband thing is accurate based on how they did the math to figure it out.

Anyway, it's not super entertaining, but here it is: click

turbowop

I don't really keep tabs on my fuel mileage, but during the competition we did an 80 mile drive to test economy and I placed 3rd getting 34mpg.

GVR47111K

Quoting turbowop:
Dyno video is out. The numbers posted in the vid are a bit weird. They post peak horsepower, then below it they post the length of the powerband in rpm. So It looks like I made 424whp @ 1900rpm. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif I'm not even sure the whole powerband thing is accurate based on how they did the math to figure it out.

Anyway, it's not super entertaining, but here it is: click

Removed by the user.

ade

precious is so damn clean!

transparentdsm

i think i wanna do some auto-x with my car now.

i really like the way your car and that WRX sounded in the video. everything else was to coffee can on the exhaust sounding to me..

turbowop

I can't tell how it sounds since I'm out of town for work and only seeing the video on my netbook, which has horrible sound.

BTW, my autox time at the end looks so horrible due to never getting a clean pass. One missed gate equals a 10 second penalty and each cone was two or three seconds if I recall. I missed a gate every single run. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

prove_it

That's what makes auto-x so hard. First summer I raced I always messed up. At times it's damn hard to see the line. Don't feel bad. I did live with the nickname cone killer for a while.

coyotes

cool shots of the car rolling, sounds good too. Too bad there is no uniqueness catagory in the challenge, the rest of those cars are just kinda.. been done. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

we should try and have a NW VR4 meetup some time.. there's plenty in the area.

EHmotorsports

that would be fun if we could get them off JSB;)

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned