The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Smoothed Claddings

supa_saloon

Was browsing through some rims and noticed this galant with smoothed cladding. I thought i was kinda cool. To me, by the looks of it, it kinda looked like the AMG claddings without the logo, what do u guys think? I only had a few shots, the guy was basically selling his rims the cladding was wallpaper.

Last edited:

kama1

Thats my friends car.bondo filled,did it to match the amg bumpers.
Also have a set just like it,very heavy.

DR1665

I like it. Rather than straight Bondo, I wonder if you could semi-fill the recesses with lightweight foam of some sort, sand it smooth, seal, and then paint it...

tsiboy

been thinking about doing this for a while now. always wondered how it would look. Any chance you can get your friend to take more/better pictures??

GSX_TC

I think the VR4 looks soo much better with the cladding they come with. having it smooth takes away alot of the style of the car.

kama1

Qc near city hall sir.get in touch when you get here.ill pm you my numbers.

raptorWagon

You can pick up a Colt Galant/Lancer or find yourself a nice box type lancer out there too Cherrod.

raptorWagon

Sure you will, they are smaller than your VR4, at least the 1g/2g Galant or Lancers are.

Last edited by a moderator:

fuel

think that's bad try moving countries and taking your car with you!

GSX_TC

Saw this click if anybody is interested. This guy is going to be making AMG smooth sides for our cars.

raptorWagon

Quoting GSX_TC:
Saw this click if anybody is interested. This guy is going to be making AMG smooth sides for our cars.

That is Paulo (fazzt) on this site, who hasn't really been active in a long time. That info on there hasn't been updated in a couple years, this guy has one of his kits up for sell in the classifieds.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif click

GSX_TC

oh wow, so is that business even still running?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned