The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

slowboy racing cast manifold

conradical

So I've got a slowboy racing cast exhaust manifold with the tail waste gate and its got a crack from the weight of the turbo. Im looking to replace it but I can't see that slowboy sells them anymore. Any suggestions on a good replacement without having to build one or pay ton for a tubular one?

GSX_TC

Get an FP one man, way Better manifold.

beaner

FP manifold allows an external on it? I thought FP was against that.

Id get it fixed by someone that knows how to properly weld a cast manifold.

GSX_TC

The manifold doesn't but their turbine Housings have the port for an external.

conradical

I found the threadstone manifold and they look good and their made for an external. Sounds like that might be the way to go.

conradical

The only thing is it said its for a T3 T4 turbo, I have a 20G with the TDO5 housing so I dont think that will work.

mitsuturbo

Quoting conradical:
I found the threadstone manifold and they look good and their made for an external. Sounds like that might be the way to go.

How much do they want for one? Maybe i'll sell you the one i have for less. I don't need it anymore, and it's got about 1200 miles on it.

mitsuturbo

It's got a mitsu flange. Not T3. I ran it with a FP3052. Evo 3 will mount right up to it. I dont see why a 20g wouldnt.

conradical

The threadstone one is going fo $299 new. So I will take yours if the price is right. Just to verify that it will work with the external 38mm tail waste gate? Let me know what you want for it and we can meet up. I live in everett so you dont have to ship it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned