The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Finally Getting to Work

chucklesas

Welp, I gave up. I can't get the car to idle and I'd have to try to drive it 10 hours tomorrow to make it to the Factory MOD event this weekend. Yeah... definitely going to miss that deadline. So I'm just going to pull it into the garage and try to tinker around with it next week or something. Maybe order some brand new injectors, MAF, and a Keydiver chip or possibly even DSM-Link. Hopefully the problem isn't mechanical and in the engine.

Anyway, I drove it to the gas station and back. Stalled out on every light; I guess I need to work on my heel-toe technique. It seem it was only firing on 3 cylinders. I have no idea why. I fouled up 2 sets of spark plugs, maybe 3, which isn't helping my idle issues AT ALL. Oh well, given up for the weekend.

Here are some pictures. The black and white make it look kind of sinister:

And a video of me trying to get the damn thing to idle and smooth out.
Galant VR4 start-up attempt with stutter

Last edited by a moderator:

Diego

do you have a StutterBox? sounds like a really bad cut-out.... Vaccuum leak? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

do like the sound of that turbo....SIZE?

chucklesas

I probably should have changed the video to say "with stutterbox." Modifications list is at the top, but it's a SBR-GT14 turbo. I believe it's basically a 56-trim with smaller exhaust housing or something to that effect. For a "drag only" turbo it does seem to spool pretty easily even just revving it with no load and only using the wastegate spring pressure.

charmcity

Car looks and sounds great keep up the great work.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts