The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

short USDM Bumpers

Brunoboy

who did the mod? and wheres the How too? I cant find the thread that had pics either. thanks
-shane

steve

curtis did it, not sure if anyone else did

Brunoboy

do you have a link to the thread by chance? Thanks
-Shane

Diego

Preston did the mod as well just a few months ago, he just never got around to posting a HowTo...

Okayplayer

From what I saw of the mod, it looks like he mounted them closer to the body like the JDM bits, and trimmed the bumpers at the fender well. So I guess the big question is how did he get them sucked in like that? Also would it be feasable to fiberglass the flange that goes into the wheel well and connects to the shroud in there to give it a more polished look? Or perhaps section some of the bumper further out from the wheel well and glass the pieces back together. I am interested in this too, I think it looks good.

mikus

This seems pretty easy honestly? Just tedious, and easy to screw up by cutting off too much

1- craft a jig/scribe from wheelwell, for use later on to cut bumper to well
2- remove bumper
3- shorten length of bumper mounting hardware (brackets, bolts, weld --- as you see best)
4- refit to confirm mounting hardware length is acceptable, hammer in/cut off bits that don't cooperate as required
5- mark up bumper to trim ends using your jig, only take a bit at a time
6- refit to confirm cutout
7- repeat 5&6 eleventy-jillion times to fine tune cut

#3 could use some refinement, and some basic measurements wouldn't hurt I suppose

Brunoboy

Thanks, 4 years on the board and i still dont know how to use the Search ahaha, Ive been trying google.
-Shane

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned