The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Shaking steering wheel

I appreciate the offer, and i see your in denver. There may be info about this on your profile, but i didnt see it..... Whats your shop name/Location?

Thanks

sorry for the slightly delayed continuation of this thread, but I rotated the tires myself, and checked out the brakes. Everything there checked out..... no change after the rotation.

I was driving last night up in the moun tains, and it was actually cool outside for the first time in weeks. The car seemed 100 times better to me. Got out on th highway and the shaking was so much better than it normally is. This morning it was back to somewhere around 80 deg outside, and back to shaking.

Doesn't make any sense to me so its either all in my head, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif or what could be effected by outside temps like that..... Wheel bearings?

To give a little closurfe to this thread........

I was pulling off the highway on the way to work yesterday and my front drivers side brake started squeaking like mad..... even while i wasn't hittinig the brakes. I delt with the horrendous noise the whole way home, and then popped the assembly apart. The pads (which were about 8,000 miles old) were almost down to the metal. Cleaned out the brake pistons and lubed then up really well, got new pads and it seems fixed for now. Ill keep an eye on it for a while, but it seems like a sticking brake caliper was the issue.

Thanks for the help guys

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned