The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

setting base fuel pressure

omertaitalia

i have a aeromotive and searched google up and down, I've read on a tuners post that you need to start the car, remove the turbo hose and plug that bung then adjust fuel pressure. is this the correct way to do it if not can you point me in the right direction, can't find a vfaq either.

boostx

Running rich.

dmj

Car would run extremely rich at idle, fouled plugs, black smoke and fuel smell are some "side effects".

marvinmadman

Doesn't really matter. As long as the car doesn't kill, u should be ok. Running only makes sure u have the proper voltage going to the pump. Just pull the line off, plug the manifold if u want, then set the pressure.

omertaitalia

so your saying it doesn't matter what way you do it?, can anyone confirm that for me, I'm pretty sure there is a right and wrong way since the two psi are so different.

Brunoboy

pull the vac line off the FPR. Leave the FPR nipple open and set the pressure to desired pressure and reconnect the line. The vac line doesnt need to be capped off when adjust fpr because the FPR isnt seeing any pressure other than fuel. Easiest way is to tell ECMLink to activate the fuel pump and set pressure that way so no vacuum is needed.
-Shane

marvinmadman

Pull the vacuum line off of the regulator with the car running. Set your pressure, then put the line back on.

joggle

There is a fuel pump test connector in the engine bay it is capped off and is a single wire. I don't recall if you ground it or apply 12 volts. That will run the pump without the engine running. Safer that way.

beaner

Quote:
Running only makes sure u have the proper voltage going to the pump

Important! I set my afpr with the engine off, then I started the car and had to readjust it. Next time I have to adjust it, I'll try with the engine off and jumper cables connected to a running car.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned