The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

set up ????

ok so i know my goal for my car and its almost time to start buying parts i have a ebay 16g /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif on there now when it blows im gonna rebuild with genuine parts but my real ???? is cam choice i want the car in high 11s when all done would crower 272/272 be sufficient next issue is this car is a slow process (arent they all) would 272 be ok for normal driving ive heard they would outflow the 16g sorry if i am way off i am a noob after all thanks in advanced

Brunoboy

Quoting ddavidson:
ok so i know my goal for my car and its almost time to start buying parts i have a ebay 16g /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif on there now when it blows im gonna rebuild with genuine parts but my real ???? is cam choice i want the car in high 11s when all done would crower 272/272 be sufficient next issue is this car is a slow process (arent they all) would 272 be ok for normal driving ive heard they would outflow the 16g sorry if i am way off i am a noob after all thanks in advanced

eBay turbos can't be rebuilt with real parts.

guess im blind cause i did not see cam turbo combinations sorry im overlooking it

Quoting brunoboy:
Quoting ddavidson:

eBay turbos can't be rebuilt with real parts.

yes they can people do it all the time the ebay 16g turbo just not all mhi parts this is what you need

What you need to do a basic service (no thrust hardware) is:

- A Garrett T3 turbine seal.
- A pair of Garrett T3 journal bearings.
- A Garrett T3 compressor seal.

What you need to do a full service (if the turbo has in/out shaft play) is:

- A Garrett T3 turbine seal.
- A pair of Garrett T3 journal bearings.
- A Mitsuhishi TD05 thrust plate.
- A Mitsubishi TD05 thrust collar.
- A Mitsubishi TD05 compressor seal.
- A Mitsubishi TD05 compressor collar.
- A Mitsubishi TD05 oil shield.

Brunoboy

I was saying a MHI tdo5h kit isn't going to be adequate for rebuilding your eBay turbo and if you have Togo through all that trouble , buy a real MHI turbo.

well thanks for your opinion and ill cross that bridge when i get there but for now i would like to stick to the main subject of my post thanks

Brunoboy

272/272 is a DD, street able cam choice and can get you in the 11's.

Quoting brunoboy:
272/272 is a DD, street able cam choice and can get you in the 11's.

thank you

Quoting omertaitalia:
how would 272 cams outflow a 16g?

i honeslty have no idea i just read it somewhwere

Vman911

I'm running 272 regrinds on evo8 springs and retainers. Redline at 8200.... Drives like normal on street. I do have each cam gear set back 2 degrees. 1 is +2, 1 is -2. Very small lob at idle.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned