The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Sequential shifter

FCR

Does anyone knows or have any info about a sequential shifter for a GVR4? (not short shifter)

Barnes

I know the guys at RRE built one and there is a video somewhere of them using it on a DSM. If you want one for a GVR-4 it would probably be a great place to start.

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/

Be warned, they are very expensive.

curtis

Theres the Ikeya one, Seqshift and a few more. I say one sell on here for like a grand and should have bought it then. Therre super rare to find for sell and a as long has the pattern is the same any could be made to fit our gear box. Only think that would have to be worked out is the lenght of the shift arms on the trans itself. Like comparing a JDM to a US box. It would be a simple fix with a welder and a large thread rod for an arm. Problem is finding one without depleting my bank account

i believe the one RRE had was a seqshift.
i tried out both ikeya and seq. if you adjust it right it works great. the ikeya unit got stuck in third on the test drive on the fwy and took a while before we got it out of gear. a bit scary.
if you got cash burnin a hole in your pocket its a cool item other than that i would spend it on something more rewarding.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned