The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

rewire fuel pump?

Fish

Is anybody running the new larger wire all the way to the pump? I'm curious how to pass wiring through the top of the pump module.

Last edited:

tektic

I didn't find it necessary. You could drill a hole, pass the wire strait through and seal it. Don't recommend this. Or use an insulated bolt as a bolt head connector on both sides like the factory set up. For the 10" of wire between the pump and the relay the stock wire wont cause enough resistance to matter. It's the 15' of that wire that you just took out of the circuit that tends to reduce voltage.

prove_it

Don't just run wire through the top of the pump hanger. First of all, you need a grommet to prevent the wire from cutting through and shorting out. Second, most wiring is NOT fuel compatible. The insulation will "melt" of after a while. You'll need fuel grade wiring to pass through. Third, you'll need a fuel spec RTV to seal up the grommet both from the hanger to grommet, then grommet to wire. You don't want fumes getting into the trunk.

Also like Tektic said, there isn't much resistance there to be an issue, however the OEM pass through bolt tends to corrode and can be a source of voltage drop. Cleaning it up very well and replacing the eyelet terminals will help there.

Fish

I'm probably not going to do it, just curious of how it would be done. I did find someone using nylon bolts as a pass through. This looks like it could work alright. click

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned