The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New to site... Fuel pump sending unit questions

chvtec33

Hey all, I am new to the site and will be purchasing #1052 in the next week. The car is solid and the only real problem with it is that the fuel pump sending unit feed line

(the one right on top coming from the pump) is broken off about a 1/4" away from the top of the sending unit. I have quickly looked around for a new sending unit but

have come up empty handed and don't really know what my options are at this point besides fuel cell or replacing the line with -an style fitting and new line.

Also one of the studs is broken off on the top of the fuel tank but i suppose 5 out of 6 ain't bad. I'm sorry if this problem has been addressed before,

I tried using the search function but found nothing. Hopefully this can be a easy fix and thank you for all that try to help.

ktmrider

Welcome, hope the GVR4 experience is a good one!
On the search, this site uses a non-standard method. Once you get the hang it works well.
Use the "+" symbol on key words, ie +fuel +pump +unit. This will ferret out many items.
Also use "-" to eliminate the responses, ie -re. Helps get just the threads altho you may have to read thru most of the thread.
The Archive and How To area usually contains FAQ and other relevant procedures.
Last, use the VFAQ site: www.vfaq.com for many of the drivetrain and engine q's. While we don't like to call the GVR4 a DSM ( it really is not anyway ) most of the engine and electronics stuff is exactly the same.
So yes the sending unit woes are quite common. The TEL/DSM models are slightly longer but easily modded to fit the GVR4 and much more plentiful.

Rausch

click

click,

click,
Little help for ya.

If you type: +sending +unit -re:
into the search, you will net those results among others. Try other combination as well, but the info above should get you in teh right direction. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

If you are planning to make some power later on you can just buy the Full Blown Dual bump sending unit. It's all aluminum so it will never rust. If you plan on doing that get the 1G one.

steve

zomg theres a real 1052 wat

chvtec33

Thanks to all that posted, that was exactly what i was looking for. Just going to install an -an fitting for now and possibly make my own later down the road.

Yea 1052, Belize green with sunroof. Ok shape, clearcoat is peeling. Needs exhaust and the sending unit fixed and it runs. Already has evo 3 16g turbo,
manifold, and 02 housing. Comes with extra running engine, trans, and talon parts car with 4 bolt rear. Not too bad for $1500.

What do you mean that there is a real 1052?

sixsixtwo

Can anyone confirm that the Full Blown set-up would actually fit our cars? I thought our sending unit was different from the 1g t/e/l's.

gmp

i ran into the same problem the 1g tel sending unit is a little to long for the galant tank which sucks.But there are ways to make it work since the gvr4 units are becoming more and more rare.....

I am using the 1G dual pump hangers in my GVR4. You just have to mount the pump flush with the bottom.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts