The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Removing "Galant" Emblem

I just removed the galant emblem off the trunk of the car but now have a problem. I havent found anything so far to remove the stuff that it was used to stick it to the trunk. Anyone done this and used a certain chemical and been successful?

SouthCaliVR4

heat gun & gentle working with a nylon scraper, goof off will get the rest. you're going to find the paint under it is not perfect but it is hard to notice.

MitsuDriver274

Soak with bug and tar remover, rub as much as possible with your hands, use goof off or wd 40 to remove the rest of the residue.

A heat gun will work, just make sure not to fry the clear coat.

Non chlorinated brake cleaner works, but the paint will have to be buffed to get rid of the haze. Do not use chlorinated brake cleaner or it will eat your paint.

Easiest way to do it without damaging paint is to grab some fishing line and run it behind the badge while pulling gently away from the paint. Rub excess material off with your thumb and any remaining adhesive can be removed with "Goo Gone" and a rag. Follow up with washing off the goo gone with yoru favorite car soap and some paint cleaner and wax.

number3

click

I have a bag of them. Give me your address and I will mail you a couple if want.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned