The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

RECARO SRDs & BRIDE seat brackets

MMCVR4

I want to replace my old stock seats with reclinable RECAROs, preferably SRDs. I know they are discontinued so I might have to settle for SPEEDs. Will the BRIDE seat brackets bolt onto RECAROs without any problems?

Romanova

Bride lists brackets for our cars... never seen anyone with a set though...

I believe I have a Bride & a Recaro seat bracket. I'm looking into duplicating them but the process is slow & painful & may not even finish (or start /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif)

MMCVR4

According to BRIDE, there are 2 different types of seat rails, RO-type & MO-type. I was told on another forum that the RO-type will fit the RECAROs. I'll have to see it to verify. You may have to scroll down to see the rest of the info.
click

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Would those brackets fit the RECAROs that come in the EVO9?

MMCVR4

Members here that used EVO seats pretty much made their own brackets for the VR-4. Tee's USA didn't really give me a good feedback on this because they want me to buy their seats. Wedge Engineering, here in Cali is another option that can make custom brackets. click I think they also make brackets for SPARCO USA.

Last edited:

Brunoboy

Quoting iLLeffeKt vr-4:
Would those brackets fit the RECAROs that come in the EVO9?

back from the dead but just to clarify for anyone looking into Evo Recaros, The Bride RO type rails do indeed bolt up to the OEM Evo Seats, all it needs done to fit is to extend one of the mounting holes on the braket less than half an inch using a dremel, I have done this for a Mr2 turbo with no problems.
-Shane

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned