The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

different seats

transparentdsm

Has anyone put seats other then the stock leather, base model cloth or any gen evo seats in a VR4 with minimal effort/fabrication? The interior in the car is pretty thrashed and not nice to be in. It needs the front and rear seats, however ill probably be ditching the drivers seat in favor of a Recaro or Bride. I would prefer something nice and comfy for the passenger seats, but still stay on the lighter side of things. Any suggestions would be great as i want to start the hunt for an interior soon.

GSTwithPSI

I've got Recaro SRD buckets in 1837. Zero fab work required because I got brackets from Japan, but they weren't cheap. There are a few companies here that can make custom brackets, but again, won't be cheap.

Most of the DIY fab jobs I've seen done on seat brackets weren't something I'd trust in an accident, so the extra money for quality buys piece of mind, IMO.

Last edited:

transparentdsm

Yeah, for a drivers seat that will be fine, but I'm talking about rear seats and the passenger seat. I'm more looking for something i can go snag from a junk yard. I don't mind needing fab work to make the passenger seat fit/work/safe, just looking for specific cars to look for before i go spend hours walking around a junk yard looking for something i think might fit.

faqinshiet

I'd love to see the mk2 Gti recaros in a vr4! I was thinking about reupholstering the Evo 8 rear seat covering onto mine stocks instead of having to drill holes to bolt down the Evo 8 rears.

G

Staff member
Maybe find a seat reupholster company and have the leathers redone in cloth?

transparentdsm

G - The seats are already cloth out of an NA and there all in bad shape. The padding is ripped out of all the seats in one place or another and when you smack them with your hand pieces fall off of them. It's gross.

Quoting faqinshiet:
I'd love to see the mk2 Gti recaros in a vr4! I was thinking about reupholstering the Evo 8 rear seat covering onto mine stocks instead of having to drill holes to bolt down the Evo 8 rears.

that would be cool, but im looking to stay on the cheap side and im looking for something that i could find easy. Like if someone already knew the rear seats out of a 2003 Accent or 97 Accord would fit easily in the galant, thats what im looking for.

Last edited:

citymunky

If you were on the east coast still I would offer my old front and rears from 832/2000. They are good shape and taking up space in my attic.

I have a set of evo 8 rears also.

citymunky

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
Zero fab work required because I got brackets from Japan, but they weren't cheap.

Link?

G

Staff member
Quoting transparentdsm:
G - The seats are already cloth out of an NA and there all in bad shape. The padding is ripped out of all the seats in one place or another and when you smack them with your hand pieces fall off of them. It's gross.

Quoting faqinshiet:

that would be cool, but im looking to stay on the cheap side and im looking for something that i could find easy. Like if someone already knew the rear seats out of a 2003 Accent or 97 Accord would fit easily in the galant, thats what im looking for.

I understand but a good seat reupholsterer can install all new padding as well.

transparentdsm

that is something i may look into, but it seems like something that will cost more money then i want to spend. I'm looking to keep most costs low so i can spend the money on go-fast parts, handling bits and safety. Not going for a restoration or anything, just a fun weekend car that isn't uncomfortable or gross to be in for a few hour drive.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts