The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rear under guard

LIV4PSI

I assume you would just need custom mounts for the front, where it bolts to the stock piece

bobdole

Not sure how it would fit Mike. You might have to modify to fit your car.

I will be putting vents, but no holes for the oil drain/filter.

mitsuturbo

Very nice.

For those of us wanting access holes/ports, i think it would be simple enough to cut a hole and bolt a piece of sheet metal over it wherever we like. The cutting, sizing, and brake work is the hard part anyway. Most of us don't have the tools/resources to do that. I really appreciate what you're doing for "the community" and will probably wind up getting one of these front units. I see this as something that could drastically reduce the amount of crud that winds up in the engine bay, and it would help keep things MUCH cleaner. Also, it might be a good thing to help find/trace/monitor any possible leaks. It would always have a "tell" on it when you pull it off if something is leaking, and would be super easy to clean off.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Last edited:

bobdole

Front finished. Just got to mount and take pictures. Then powder coat.

vzt0.jpg

mitsuturbo

I assume this will be powdercoated black. Are other colors available? Will they be sold coated?

If so, will it be cheaper to purchase them UN coated? If so, would they cost less as less work and materials would be involved?

bobdole

I can do the powder coat. Pricing is around $65.00. Any color. I am going to do silver finish on mine. I don't have the final pricing on these yet. Working on that. I have two made right now.

bobdole

bh92.jpg

2aa1.jpg

bobdole

Also I will be making another front skid plate with oil drain holes. So there will be two options for the front.

Drew84

This is my set up, 3/16, no issues with heat. Think about it, the aluminum is a giant heat sink as you drive down the road. I drove to Texas and back in May with this plate on no overheating issues. Bobdole's set up is nice for a track car the vents will help with cooling and you may gain some aerodynamic advantages. However for any type of rally style stuff. You don't want holes in the plate. Small rocks can make it in to the gap between the plate and pan. Then the car bottoms out on the skid plate and that will push the pebble in to the oil pan. I use my plate for TSDs and spectating on rally stages. Driving out and sometimes into the stage they've been torn up pretty bad by rally cars.

Drew84 TRF skid plate

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned