The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Painted Calipers - Results!

Muskrat

So one of my many projects right now is a brake overhaul. I just finished up the fronts. I'm using re-manufactured calipers per Autozone, Porterfield R4S pads, and Rustoleum high temp primer and engine block paint.

To clean the brackets I soaked them in dishsoap and water for about 30 min, then went at them with a copper pot brush and green scrub pads. After all the loose grime was scrubbed away I soaked them in acetone for 30 min's, and scrubed anything that hadn't already broken down off. They came out very clean. I wish I had took pictures. I'll be repeating this process for the rear brackets and calipers, I'll try to take pictures of the results then. Since I was using remanufactured calipers I just hit them with some engine degreaser to get all the packing oils off, and rinsed in hot water.

I applied three coats of primer, and three to 5 coats of paint. Here's the results: (Note, I didn't bother to paint the back side of the brackets. No one will see that anyway)

I think they came out pretty good, and hopefully they'll stay looking pretty nice, with the blank paint.

381gvr4

I used gold block paint on my GC8 2dr with ebc greens and it lasted great. I did use a prep product to ensure good adhesion.

Muskrat

I think it was around $90 each, including the core charge. So maybe $48 or so.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned