The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rear sunshade mounting options

Rein3003

I just got a brand new rear sunshade in the mail to go on my galant. And I have some questions on how to mount this.
20230814_140636.jpg
20230814_140603.jpg
From what I could find you are supposed to just use 2 screws to mount it on the bottom, but I am wondering if there's anyone who found a better solution to mount it which doesn't require drilling into the car.

And as for mounting it to the top it looks like you just have to hook it onto the window seal, is that correct? When I try that it kind of pulls the seal down which doesn't really look that great. Is there anyone who found another option for that?

Rein3003

Mine is just screwed in.

Where'd you get it at? Haven't seen one of these for sale in years.
Yeah, I think everyone has just screwed them in. I'm going to try to find a way to mount it without drilling though.

I found it on Facebook marketplace, there was a guy who never mounted it to his car (I believe he got it for his lancer). I think I was lucky enough to be the first one to message him.

dazzler

Yeah, I think everyone has just screwed them in. I'm going to try to find a way to mount it without drilling though.

I found it on Facebook marketplace, there was a guy who never mounted it to his car (I believe he got it for his lancer). I think I was lucky enough to be the first one to message him.
Thas really cool man, if you ever wanna sell it then let me know and I'll happily take her .. Best of luck fitting it, maybe share a few pics once it's installed

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned