The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rear engine mount bolts...

broxma

They appear to be about the same size as the Flywheel bolts on my engine stand motor. Maybe 12mm x1.25 or so. 17mm socket fits them. Length, dunno. I leave the mount on the block when I pull the motor.

What specifically are you worried about?

/brox

AS long as they thread in, have a lock washer, are of sufficient length, and you reach required torque. Your fine.

grocery_getter

Sean, they are the same one for the front mount. Please use the appropriate grade bolt for your motor mount. Thread pitch, diameter, length and grade are important to get right.

broxma

I didn't check the grade on bolts but I'd wager it's at least 8.8 or 10 if you are looking for one to replace it.

/brox

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
The stock bolts are marked "11", so I would not use an 8.8 for them.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
They did not have lock washers from the factory. they are flange head bolts just like the flywheel bolts.

broxma

Lock Washers on the block would work. In a high heat cycled area, they are of little to no use. I just checked and I do have what appears to be two flywheel bolts holding it in. Both are marked "11" or maybe "II". Hard to say if that is an eleven or something else but I'd go with at least a 10/10.5 if so.

/brox

Quoting SleepinGVR4:
OK I'm using the right ones then. Wonder why they backed out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I had mine back out recently, I just retightened it. My guess is vibration over the last 5+ years.

The factory ones ate for sure an 11 grade. I replace one of my mounts with an OTC 10.8, and have had 0 issues.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
"These bolts go to eleven".

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned