The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rear Diffuser

Brunoboy

This ^ lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tre3zy

THIS IS NOT GONNA END /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

as a person who used to make kinda custom ae86 parts and try to sell them... this is a pain in the ass to do. first.. usa and jdm bumpers would not use the same one.. exhaust differences would also play a factor.. and of course carbon fiber is freaking expensive and taking the time to make a mold for this and making a few that dont sell is a lose/lose situation. but.. im thinking about fiberglass maybee.. small center mounted.. someone whos good at photoshop mock something....

CutlassJim

Quoting spoolinturbo:
i road race my cars, the galant doesnt see the high end speeds to benefit from that much aerodynamics. at 100mph a front lip could reduce lift by about 33% but how unstable are you at 100mph? not much. at 150mph the figures are much higher. but then again, how often do you see those speeds?

people want them for appearances. cant knock them for that, all of us want our cars to look amazing.

VG's were truly intended to work with spoilers, not without. as they speed up the airflow on the rear spoiler decreasing lift. here is mitsu's research. you will slight pressure and velocity differences at moderate speeds. but overall. the drag and lift coefficient was only decreased by 0.006. and thats using optimal placement, design and size. hardly a benefit

click

Great read thank you.

Brunoboy

So whatever happened to this? I'm on a bumping thread of the things I used to want to try back when I had my vr4.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned