The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rear Diffuser

RedTwo

You know, 20 seconds after taking those photos, the car encountered a speed bump that scratched up the titanium exhaust and shattered the carbon diffuser /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

GSX_TC

Quoting brunoboy:
what about like this

click

click

Yes Like these! someone needs to make this stuff for our cars, i would buy something like this in a second!

Tre3zy

^ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

cheekychimp

Product Description

Time to step your ass game up with this full carbon fiber rear diffuser!

Instantly increases downforce of your EVO. Plus it looks aggressive like a shark!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Nabeel

For sure i am not going to spend $500. I would buy used JDM bumper insted. Shortining the rear bupmer looks good idea + some light carbon fiber work. Custom small diffuser painted in black could be looks nice also.

Last edited:

Brunoboy

how about a front Splitter?

GSX_TC

front splitter would be cool too

SouthCaliVR4

^^As low as your car rides a front splitter would get wasted the first time you pulled to close to a park stop.

Tre3zy

Quoting brunoboy:
how about a front Splitter?

why would you need a front splitter?

Brunoboy

Why not? Some people like the look of it, it's like saying why do you have a vortex generator?

Tre3zy

unless your thinking about road racing the damn car i dont see the point of a front splitter.... i personally dont like having a snow plow in my bumper when i drive the car to work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Brunoboy

Well I don't see a point of a vortex generator when you don't have a wing and your not going fast enough to be efficient

Tre3zy

if you want to put a splitter on your car then be my guess.... its your car.... front splitter looks retarded in the car in my opinion unless its done right.... i say start doing some research.... oh and btw did you get your car running?

Brunoboy

It's still JSB til the weekend, been lazy...

Tre3zy

figured /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

GSX_TC

Quoting SouthCaliVR4:
^^As low as your car rides a front splitter would get wasted the first time you pulled to close to a park stop.

I'm not one of those idiot who actually hit that thing lol. I park short from it, because the GST would hit too

Nabeel

My self I prefer front lip. And small one. Front splitter looks nice if a car has full wide body kit. I did not like it on the VR4 as One Lap of America made one.

DR1665

Quoting brunoboy:
Well I don't see a point of a vortex generator when you don't have a wing and your not going fast enough to be efficient

Actually, vortex generators were used to modify the separation of airflow off the top of the rear windscreen, increasing pressure over the entire rear end of the vehicle while also reducing drag. This did result in accelerated flow and reduced lift through a rear decklid spoiler, but the benefits of the VGs are realized across a greater operating range than a wing.

Just saying. Carbon fiber anything within 5" of the tarmac on anything but a purpose-built race car that is vanity and little else. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Tre3zy

^ THIS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i road race my cars, the galant doesnt see the high end speeds to benefit from that much aerodynamics. at 100mph a front lip could reduce lift by about 33% but how unstable are you at 100mph? not much. at 150mph the figures are much higher. but then again, how often do you see those speeds?

people want them for appearances. cant knock them for that, all of us want our cars to look amazing.

VG's were truly intended to work with spoilers, not without. as they speed up the airflow on the rear spoiler decreasing lift. here is mitsu's research. you will slight pressure and velocity differences at moderate speeds. but overall. the drag and lift coefficient was only decreased by 0.006. and thats using optimal placement, design and size. hardly a benefit

click

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned