The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rear Caliper Bracket Question

Recently my rear passenger side caliper locked up and needed to be replace. Upon separating the caliper from the mounting bracket the fixed side (for lack of better terms) broke of inside of the bracket. I have tried finding a place to buy a new bracket, but I can't find one anywhere. I have however found places that sell front brackets. So my first question is does anyone know if the front passenger bracket would work in the rear. Second question does anyone know where I could buy a rear bracket? Final question does anyone have any ideas as to how I can get the broken piece out of the bracket. Thanks in advance.

John

Terry Posten

Did you break the slider bolts that the caliper floats on?

Those "pins" are bolts and can be removed. There is a dusk cap that is popped off and there is a 10mm bolt head under it.

Any 1G talon/eclipse/galant that has 4 wheel disc brakes will have the same rear calipers. Try a salvage yard.

By the way, if you get used parts or re use your used parts, those sliders must be disassembled and cleaned. Then re lubed. The dusk boots must be in perfect shape or they will seize again very quickly.

Take the "pins" out and clean them with emery cloth and also run a wire brush inside the sliding tubes.

The calipers should basically flop around those pins without any resistance. If you have a sticky spot while pivoting them around, clean them again.

And again, the dust boots MUST be perfect. No tears or rips. If water and dirt can get into the sliding pins, they will seize within days.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned