The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Lock pin not fitting into rear caliper?

stealthtt24

So I'm installing my rear calipers and I've ran into a problem on the driver side one. For whatever reason, the locking pin I have is not fitting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I have two and tried them both and won't fit. I tried them both in the passenger caliper and they fit. What's going on? Do I have the wrong driver side rear caliper? I can try and dig up the part number but I don't see how I would have f'ed this up. Please help as I would like to get this done today!

Just for clarification, the locking pin is the one that tightens onto the bracket and you slid the caliper over, the guide pin is the one on the bottom that goes through the caliper and tightens on the bracket.

Not my picture but the locking pin is the one on top.

DriversRearBracket.jpg

Diego

Look down it. You might have broken a stud in the journal. Happened to my set of old calipers

stealthtt24

Just fyi, I bought these new from Advance. P/N 19-1509 is the left rear.

mr.mitsu

At the risk of sounding underminding...did you confirm the hole you're trying is labelled "L"?

And not "G"?

stealthtt24

It went in. Not sure what in the hell was holding it up. When you say labeled, you mean the caliper part? I installed both calipers and the only thing that concerns me is the lack of play in the SS brake line from caliper to strut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

mr.mitsu

It's right on the caliper. L for lock pin and G for guide pin.

Check it out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

stevep

Quoting stealthtt24:

Actually the guide pin is the one on the top and the lock pin is the one on the bottom.

stealthtt24

Are you saying the picture I provided is wrong or I mixed them up? Or is my verbage incorrect?

Last edited:

stealthtt24

Quoting stevep:
Quoting stealthtt24:

Actually the guide pin is the one on the top and the lock pin is the one on the bottom.

I'm bumping this cause of this question. I looked on my FSM and it shows the lock pin going into the top and guide pin on the bottom. Can you please explain?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned