The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rear brake question

GIjoe

So my rear brake calipers piston locked and is beyond repair.
I thought finding a working brake caliper would be like a walk in the park. But no, Im in europe and guess what, the Galant Dynamic-4 (looks just like a JDM VR4, comes with 4ws a 4wd but has a NA engine) well it has a smaller piston!! not interchangeable with the vr4...great!
My question is: is the 1G caliper the same as the USDM VR4 rear caliper?

Thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:

autobahntom

Yes, as long as it comes from an awd car (maybe fwd turbo as well, I have not tried those, but the 1g awd cars I have swapped).

GIjoe

^^probubly.

GIjoe

Quoting autobahntom:
Yes, as long as it comes from an awd car (maybe fwd turbo as well, I have not tried those, but the 1g awd cars I have swapped).

Thats great news! thanks! I'll start looking for a 1G caliper then. AFAIK there are only 2 usdm VR4s in the country, and one of them is mine lol. I'll have better luck finding parts off a 1G. There are simply more around.
Thanks!

Last edited:

AnotherNewb

This just came up in a recent post. The 1g AWD calipers are the same, the FWD calipers have a different ebrake cable bracket.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned