The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rally Armor Mud flaps "pic"

JB

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

gmp

hahaha that is the most ridiculous thing on a subie yet....

They say big trucks make up for a small manhood.
So what does alot of horns mean?

Maybe small balls??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Whoodoo

This is kind of an old post, but I've got some extra cash in the car fund and I'm trying to find something for

Last edited:

DR1665

@Whoodoo - The description says the universal flaps are also thinner.

I have yet to get flaps for my would-be rally car, but when I do, I know a number of people who suggest going to a truck stop and buying one or two replacement semi flaps. They're thick, durable, and can be cut down to desired shapes. If you measure the general dimensions of your desired flap size, you can determine if you would want to buy one or two semi flaps. They're supposed to run $20 or so.

curtis

I know this will sound silly but you can buy telfon / poly chop blocks....cutting boards at restaurant supply stores. They come in brown, yellow, green, red, blue, and white. Color coded to keep from cross contaminating. Sorry no black. I have one in the office that I got that is 15 x 20 x .5 inch it could be machined engraved etc.

ebay list

listing

Now black industrial lot

That would be the deal if some of you wanted to all go in together. Stuff cuts like butter with a router

Whoodoo

Holy crap curtis, that stuff is THICK! I would think a thinner, more flexible material would be better suited for the job. That way, it can match the contour inside the wheel well.

curtis

Heat gun.... But thats gives you an idea if you look around I'm sure you can find sheets of it at .200 or so. I think around .200 is as thin as I would go. You could always make a form out of a piece of sheet metal then heat it in an over and then lay the sheet of plastic on it would take some experimental time but all you need to know is the material and its plastic deformation temp . If anyone want to do one like that I have my plastic manufacturing book that has about 150 pages of all the engineering specs of everything you ever need. My buddy borrowed it for last semester because the book is now about 600 dollars a copy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

BoostedAWD91

i know someone who still has a complete set of BNIB of oem mudflaps which id like to get my hands on

Those were nice pictures there on the Rally Armor mud flaps there. I hope that you guys would continue to post these stuffs in order to see what is the best look and good fit for cars on that one!

Last edited by a moderator:

gtluke

This thread is comedy gold, how did I miss this? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

SleepinGVR4

Quoting BoostedAWD91:
i know someone who still has a complete set of BNIB of oem mudflaps which id like to get my hands on

I bet you would. I need to find someone on the board to make me a set of stainless brackets so they won't rust like the OEM ones.

Whoodoo

Those Ralliart mudflaps aren't real Ralliart products. They're made in the UK by that vendor and are called RallyflapZ.... doesn't really scream quality to me.

BrandonEchols

^ Yeah, I realize that. The real deal are about $300 a set.
Looks like a decent alternative for the price.
They're the standard PVC flaps, not sure how they'd fit our cars as they're designed for the evo 5-6. I've seen some made for the 1-3 also, but those particular ones looked like worse quality than these.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned