The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rally Armor Mudflap install on 1772

IncorpoRatedX

A couple of days ago it started snowing. Nothing stuck but i've yet to rebuild the engine in my Montero so I figured I better prep the VR4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

i bought the universal deluxe mud flaps from rally armor for $25.00
click

They don't come with any hardware, i went to the local hardware store and got 16 1/4 hex head 3/4 inch self tapping screws, at first you'll think 3/4 inch is too long but they're actually not. I also got 16 1/4 inch fender washers. I also got some 3m double sided tape for extra hold. My goal to only penetrate the plastic rear bumper and the plastic front side skirts. Not get into the actual sheet metal. The end result was a snug, firm fit. The universals are flexible and robust, so they'll work very nicely. I dunno how they would hold up to constant gravel abuse but for the rally ricer like me, they'll do great. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Here's the rear with the 3M, i trimmed the inner edge to clear the muffler on this side and did the same to clear the fuel filler hose on the other:

here you see I used 4 self tapping screws on each flap, i wasnt exact about how i spaced them but i kept it all pretty consistent.

I jacked the car up so both sides sat level, then used a level across the bottom of the mud flap, if you dont do this, you'll wind up with funny angles on each corner. this is where the double stick tape really comes in handy, get it level and stick it on, then attach via screws

All done and snow tires mounted, ready for the sh*t storm.

i took a video too, i'll see if i can upload it.

IncorpoRatedX

posted the video to the book faces

click

IncorpoRatedX

I should have put a disclaimer on this;

G, this car will be driven in... SNOW

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

IncorpoRatedX

then again, it might not. we'll see if i get the 6G74 rebuilt before the snow flies. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Chi271

Looks great! Funny how I was just on there website last night contemplating on getting a set, and you post this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm sold!!

G

Staff member
Looks good, hard to see the last pic though. IDc if this one gets driven in the salt, it's too late to save this one. Sacrifice it too the salt gods!

IncorpoRatedX

frame rails and fenders have zero rust, I even pulled the fenders off recently to make sure there was no debri in them and the corners of the chassis that hide behind the fenders are clean, all the bolts came right off. there's a little surface rust on pipes and bolts and sh*t under the hood but i could yank the engine and clean up the bay and this car would be cleaner than 90% of them out there.

So it looks like im gonna sacrifice a virgin. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

G

Staff member
Do it!

IncorpoRatedX

got these for the car come summer, i'll clean and polish them up after i get the tires popped off, then get some fresh tires for them before spring.

e265c0963f5f11e38c4722000a9f1966_7.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned