The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Question about grease in balljoints and tie-rod ends from Rock Auto

blacksheep

So, I purchased some front LCA and outer tie rod ends from rockauto to put 205 back together to sell. I was wondering, do the balljoints come pre-filled with grease, in general? I had to install the zerk fittings for the tie rod and it seemed to have no grease in it, possibly? Anyone else buy a set with no grease in them? Thanks!

raptorWagon

I know with balljoints there are two types; greaseable (come with zerks) and non-greaseable like stock. However I'm not sure if the tie rods are the same choices.

blacksheep

I ordered a lincoln trigger type gun and some royal purple grease. I will just pump some in to be safe. I will post pics and a review of that thing.

EMX5636

I think all the ones I have ever looked at the have a zerk, need to be greased. They just have a light film on everything to keep from rusting/sticking while on the shelf. Sealed ones, obviously are filled for life of the joint.

Last edited:

tyeler18

All of them come non greased. They have a small amount like stated to keep them from rusting and moving freely, but no, they need to be filled.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned