The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Props to turbowop, spray bombed bumper inside.

IncorpoRatedX

Intentions are to step up to a JDM bumper when the cash is available, so for now it's this bumper instead of the busted ass stock galant GSX bumper. Went to napa like wopper said and got paint code matched spray cans (2) for around $15 each. used a can and a half on it, still needs wet sanded and obviously the lighting isnt the best but it matches the rest of the car REALLY well. I left the cross bars kensington grey, i like the way it came out.

35771_10150197654355508_513365507_13282554_3096209_n.jpg

IncorpoRatedX

another angle.

img.php

JB

Looks nice sir. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

mikus

based on those pics, you couldn't get any better from of a rattlecan. Looks very nice, very even

IncorpoRatedX

they are shitty iphone pics but everyone that's seen it cant believe its spray paint.

3rdstrikedsm

Evo 8 rims work well on that and just about any body supply shop will mix any color in a rattle can and it will come out nice if done properly but you are at the mercy of the spray nozzle on the rattle can which is usally the drawback to doing it perfect.

IncorpoRatedX

If the spray can comes with a cheapo tip, snag one off a nice krylon can. Like you said. At the mercy of that nozzle.

AnotherNewb

Quoting Alpha Male:
If the spray can comes with a cheapo tip, snag one off a nice krylon can. Like you said. At the mercy of that nozzle.

I learned that trick from a bunch of taggers I used to hang out with. I always keep a few good tips in my tool box.

vapid

Its all about can control.

Looks good. USDM front bumper would not look half as bad if it had a damn lip built into it. The front opening is perfect for a big IC.

That silver matches really well, silver, from my understanding, is one of the hardest to match so good job to whoever did it.

I imagine that you shoudl clean the spray nozzle after each use. Mineral water or something that is not harsh enough to eat plastic.

IncorpoRatedX

Thanks. I did it all by my self. I so smart.

Quoting AnotherNewb:
Quoting Alpha Male:

I learned that trick from a bunch of taggers I used to hang out with. I always keep a few good tips in my tool box.

i learned it from being one lol.

cheekychimp

Looks great Josh. I envy you that car. I just picked up a 2WD Galant hear in the UK and it makes a great DD. I imagine the GGSX with the AWD is even better. I'll have to see if I can find an EDM Dynamic-4 one day.

Quoting Alpha Male:

You would think it would be that easy. All the auto parts store around here have removed the spray nozzles from the krylon cans and now I know why lol. I bought some kind of bullshit caliper spray(black) not that stupid looking red spray everyone uses every can I grabbed was missing the the cap I was like wtf so went to the front counter they had them all in a box lol.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned