The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Problems wit kyb front upper strut mounts.

SouthCaliVR4

So I put my AGX's & H&R springs in about 20k back maybe less. after having it on our alignment rack (practicing up for doing customer work of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif) I found a few different issues & ended up doing ball joints & tie rod ends but I figure everything north is very low mile & should be good, nope get everything done, d/s caster out & still have clunks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif After going over the sub-frames & suspension I finally turn to suspect the upper mounts. Fracking wasted /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gifWTF!!! with only twenty k on em if that! The bearings on both where done, the drivers side was toast. Seeing as how I no longer had the receipt kyb told me to pound sand on warr, just as well. I ended up getting a pair from Carquest.

The new ones are a different design, slightly taller where they poke into the engine bay but all spec's stay the same, just much beefier & utilizing a sealed bearing unit instead of the caged ball set up of the kyb's (which where identical to the stockers btw). paid around forty each but my clunks are gone, caster back in line & feels tighter than it ever did on the old ones. Another, lamer, benefit is I can put my little caps on the new ones thanks to the extra height, something the adjustment knobs didn't allow for on the stock types.

vtecds1

Any pics of the damage? I`m having the similar problems but I haven't got to it yet. I started a thread about this a couple of weeks back and there were several things the members here told me to check out. This will be definitely on my list. Do you have the part number on what you ordered?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned