The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rockauto Strut mounts

OpticalPhenom

I need front strut mounts. I've been looking at rock auto because that's where i bought my rear struts and i plan to buy my front there as well. The QUESTION I have for YOU guys is this. I stumbled on a post somewhere along trolling the boards here that said the rockauto strut mounts were not right for out cars. Well, I've searched and searched but i can't find the post again. Does anyone have experience with their strut mounts here? Are they the right ones?

OpticalPhenom

That's what i thought but i wanted to make sure. Have you bought a set?

thomcasey

I went with the Monroe's, but I bought them from Amazon as they were a couple bucks cheaper and I get free shipping. I haven't driven them yet, but they mounted fine.

GSTwithPSI

Where's this thread/post you saw saying otherwise? Rockauto is just like any other parts store; when you order parts for your car, 99.99% of the time they will be for your car. The other 00.01% of the time, whoever ordered the sh*t screwed up. So, don't screw it up and you'll get the right part. Like I said, any of the strut mounts in the link I posted will work fine. There's a picture of what you're ordering, so it should be pretty easy to get confirmation your buying the right part if that's what you want.

Last edited:

OpticalPhenom

Again, I've searched and can't find that post. I have however found a bunch of posts stating the 1g mounts are different. I know how local parts stores are here and most of the time it's a crap shoot.
I just wanted to make sure, or get a part number from someone that's actually ordered recently.

Last edited:

Coltsfan

They look right to me, and if you look up the DSM ones, they are clearly different.

OpticalPhenom

I came to pretty much the same conclusion. I went ahead and ordered front struts and mounts today so I'll let you know how they look when they come in. Thanks for the input guys.

OpticalPhenom

So, i did go ahead and purchase and install the mivotech (cheapest ones) front strut mountsmounts front rockauto as well as kyb accel g shocks. The strut mounts are an exact fit and the car rides 100% better. Granted the car had oem struts on it still /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned