The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Gauge Pod Idea

dc_style

Correct if I'm wrong, but I don't think these are available... any of you big guys with hookups able to produce these? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif I think they would realyl clean up the look of our car for people trying to keep things looking factory. An alternative to the pillar gauge pods that give away our cars somtimes. Would definitely be interested in buying and I'm sure others would be as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

**edit** can't use photobucket at work..

click

Last edited:

vtecds1

I was thinking of making one of those for the longest time but never got around to it. Fiberglass and bondo was the materials of choice.

dc_style

this setup i think would be really popular, no need to hack into anything and a single or dual pod would work well without looking out of place.

boostedinaz

I can't see it at work. Maybe upload the picture to the site.

dammitjim

100_0176.jpg

GSX_TC

I don't think there would be enough interest to mass produce something like that. Not everybody wants a gauge in that spot, kinda blocks the view of your normal gauges.

dc_style

a small autometer guage would hardly take from your line of sight any more than looking over your radio din mounted gauge or the a pillar. regardless... i'd buy one!

GSX_TC

Having a single autometer gauge right on top of the steering column would def block the gas gauge and gas gauge light in a VR4.

GSX_TC

now if if was a cool little dual pod setup like on the top edges of the column where it doesnt obstruct anything but is yet still visible, i'd be interested.

vtecds1

I had my boost gauge and A/F in the steering column and had no problem seeing the stock gauges.

GSX_TC

here go a few styles, I would prefer the bottom one

evo-8-dual-pod-b1.jpg

evo8-pod-b.jpg

unnamed.jpg

Last edited:

boostx

When i did the lip i had one made for the galant i will see if i can find it.

jnava

Staff member
I would definitely be interested, I kinda need to replace the A pillar the thieves busted, and change up the gauges anyway.

Galantvr4559

Thats a good idea. Im a bodyman and work with fiberglass and bondo everyday. Im gonna try to fab something up. If I come up with anything ill snap some pics and post them.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts