The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

weird ecu noise (beep)

dsmless

So when Im just driving around, not any particular rpm just griving, I get this faint beep coming from the ecu area of the car, thought it was a speaker so I muted the radio and nope its still present, had a buddy drive the car and I listened to the beep and its def coming from the ecu area, weird thing is that if I push the clutch in and rpms drop the beep will cut out just like that, I dont thik its a bi problem because I just took a turkey day 500 mile road trip to the potholed infested streets of mexico and came back alive, so anyone know of this mystic beeep, thanks

SmoothCustomer

Oh boy. You set off the "alarm." Our cars don't like it when you take them to Mexico, so they go into self destruct mode to make sure no residue of the area gets into the US. Your door locks must have failed, because it's supposed to lock you in the car to eliminate collateral damage as well.

ecu could be messed up. ive had tv's, pc's and ecu's squeel and beep when the caps were gettin bad or burning out. thats all i can think of

Jesh

make sure there isn't a cellphone in the glovebox with a low battery;)

prove_it

Yours was too long....

gvr4ever

I once had a battery die on me, and the ECU made all kinds of crazy sounds. The caps were changed any everything. I thought for sure it was the ECU causing the car not to run, but when nothing else had power, I figured out it was the battery.

Changing the battery fixed it. How low power could cause whiny electrical hums and strange stuff is beyond me.

No ideal what your problem is, but check your power levels I guess.

dsmless

good stuff guys, good jokes too, the caps have been replaced already, the battery is a optima red top has good charge, but will swap it with a diffrent one see if that helps, its just weird that the noise cuts out when I drop the rpms (clutch petal in), the car has been to mexico before, even ran a 13.8 with all my house in the back and full tank on 15 lds boost, it likes the attention it get there were everyone thinks its a maxima /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

As for "jesh" and "smoothcustomer", I give you both a /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif
That's shits just hilarious.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned