The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Pics of Tein install

turbowop

quote:Originally posted by bob in chicago:
Does the pillow-ball at the top of the front struts have any cushion? Or are they metal-to-metal? I wonder if they'd be acceptable on a daily driver. Metal to metal.......no cushion.

KT

I'm installing my Tein SS setup this weekend and I've got Buschur strut tower braces for the front and rear. Can I rotate my front mount 180 degrees so that the strut tower brace has two strut bolts to fasten to? Or do I need to mount in the stock config then add another bolt for the brace? Thanks. Pics to come...

jcgalntvr4-244

Wop can you still get those? I am interested in a set of them in about 3-4 months.

turbowop

Whoa, talk about an old post. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif I can't believe those images are still hosted. I haven't even logged into imageshack for years. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Damn, the underneath of my car looks dirty. My car has come a *long* way since those pics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I mounted the strut tops the proper way and flipped the strut tower bar 180* and used a bolt to mount the part with no stud coming up through the strut tower. I'm not sure you'd get the proper amount of camber adjustment with them turned around or if that would mess with caster or anything else. I've never tried.

I can't get these anymore, I got the second to last set in the country at the time, some other guy got the last set, and I had to order Harry's from Japan which ended up taking like eight weeks. He was supposed to get the last set. Harry was not pleased with me over that since he had already sold his old setup and expected these to be only a week away. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Last edited:

KT

It's amazing what you can find with a simple search!

I think I understand your post, Wop. Mount the Teins like the stock struts. My Buschur bar only has two mounting points, one for the inside and on for the front, so I should use the inside one off the strut and the front one where the rubber plug is. I guess this should work since these holes shouldn't allow for movement of either part.

JB

Damn Unobtanium... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned