The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Passed CA Smog Test

JNR

Quoting Bugeye:
Quoting ihatefall:
What is BAR?
I am supposedly moving to LA county so I guess I should learn the lingo?

Bar is The Bureau of Automotive Repair, they determine that if your car is smog legal or not.

Is this different than CARB (California Air Resources Board) that determine, thru their all knowing environmental save mother earth genius, whether something aftermarket is acceptable for CA or not and give you the sticker?

I don't plan on registering my car in Cali but I might have too we'll see.
My GF is planning going to school out there and she is Japanese. I might have to marry her to help her get a fair rate on the schools out there.

Quoting JNR:
Quoting Bugeye:
Quoting ihatefall:
What is BAR?
I am supposedly moving to LA county so I guess I should learn the lingo?

Bar is The Bureau of Automotive Repair, they determine that if your car is smog legal or not.

Is this different than CARB (California Air Resources Board) that determine, thru their all knowing environmental save mother earth genius, whether something aftermarket is acceptable for CA or not and give you the sticker?

kind of, Bar also oversees all of the repair shops and dealerships in california. Carb sets the smog standards for the state and approves the aftermarket parts, (or denies them) for use on pollution controlled vehicles

1990ggsxnj

CA...the only state that makes me happy I live in Jersey. lol

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned